Contact Us for a Free Consultation 206-747-3029

Start a divorce in Seattle


How to File for Divorce in Seattle

King County divorce and family law forms

We can help you agree, sign, and file all of the paperwork you need, without you ever having to go to court.

Washington requires everyone to use mandatory forms. Click below to find the paperwork you need for a divorce, parenting plan, or other family law matter in Seattle, King County, Washington.

Seattle Court Forms

Settlement agreements cr2a contracts in washington

Settlement Agreements, often called CR2A agreements, allow you to protect your privacy, your assets, and your relationship.

One big benefit is that the agreements can be signed before the mandatory 90-day waiting period for a divorce. This is particularly convenient if one party is moving out of state before the waiting period is up. Or it can just help both partners feel comfortable and settled as they make a new start.

Washington Civil Rule 2A

Steps to settlement

You can manage your relationship's transition in a way that is respectful and fair for you and everyone in your family.

The steps are: agree, sign, and file.

First you meet to create an agreement that feels fair. Once you know what you want to do to allocate your assets and give each parent time with your children, if any, then you sign the final version of the documents.

Finally, we file your paperwork in court without you ever having to go to court. Only an attorney can give you a divorce without going to court.


Divorce Without Court: Westside Collaborative Law PLLC is committed to answering your questions about divorce law issues in Seattle.

We offer a free consultation and we’ll gladly discuss your case with you at your convenience. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.